Every year around the holidays, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are always out there, especially in Charleston. Companies are not as concerned with holiday leave time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
- Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy. They also have less competition.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You are always in control.
- Homes show better when decorated and “done up” for the holidays.
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
Bottom Line: Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.